Re: any day now

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:03:59 -0700

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 06:10:14PM -0400, James Housley wrote:
> What include is needed for PATH_MAX on these systems. I only have
> access to BSD style systems and the right include is included.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to take a look at this in the next week
or two. I doubt it's anything wacky since they're older glibc systems--
probably <sys/param.h>, <unistd.h>, <limits.h>, or <stdio.h>. It appears
from a quick search that PATH_MAX isn't standardized in ANSI C, which
means that an alternative should be provided if it can't be found, and when
it's available it could be in one of many different places (e.g. see
http://andre.stechert.org/urwhatu/2005/10/path_max.html ).

Here's another problem system:
http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20070613224350-32585#prob1

This system is running libc5 which provides the poll function but doesn't
define struct pollfd. It probably needs a configure test for pollfd and
have the replacement used if it's not found. I'm not sure what changed
recently, but this system compiled fine a few weeks ago.

>>> Dan