Re: Problem with 'server socket listen failed (10055)'

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:32:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, abaranow_at_interia.pl wrote:

> I have a big problem using curl-library in my multi-threads application. My
> application uploads files (one thread uploads one file). I use
> easy-interface. I set maximum number of running threads on 30. After some
> days my application crashes. After crash other applications also fail. The
> main reasons are:

> - server socket creation failed.
> - server socket listen failed. (10055)

Please tell us more about your application. Like what protocol(s) and how
often does it get the problem compared to how often/long it operates fine and
if you can detect any other patterns in this behavior etc.

I found a description for the 10055 here:
http://www.dispi.com/proxyplus/faq/articles/EN/art10002.htm

"WSAENOBUFS should occur when the system has not enough memory or other system
resources to open new TCP/IP socket or to handle socket data. It looks like
that in most cases the problem occurs when total count of opened sockets
reaches some magical number. MS writes that this limit is 3976 simultaneously
opened sockets but it seems that on Win9x systems the real limit is much
lower. "