Retrive File via FTP

From: Charlie Bursell <charlie.Bursell_at_quovadx.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:56:19 -0600

If given an absolute path from which to retrieve a file, how do I
retrieve the file? For example, the home directory when logged in is
/home/mine. The given directory to extract files is
/somewhere/foo/filename.

When I issue the URL, I can only add the directory as relative to the
login directory. For example: ../../ /somewhere/foo/filename. But
what if I don't know the relative address of the directory?

I tried issuing a quote with "CWD /somewhere/foo". That sets the proper
directory and gives a proper listing. But how do I then retrieve the
file? I tried RETR but the script hangs until timeout.

Thanks

Charlie