Re: Issues Posting Data VPN -- verbose output from the application

From: mini thomas <mini_mol_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

I have set 3 minutes as the curl time out. timing out means "The application didn't get any response from the server" (I had been using curl 7.10.4 which had no issues --so I believe this is not a server issue)

  Please see the prints I got in the log after setting VERBOSE option (I have done some modifications in the prints the IP is not valid) The server certificate is not valid. But the application retries after setting VERIFY_PEER to FALSE

  * About to connect() to myserver.com port 443 (#0)
* Trying 13.4.5.78...
* connected
* Connected to myserver.com (13.4.5.78) port 443 (#0)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /root/curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
* Closing connection #0
* peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates
* About to connect() to myserver.com port 443 (#0)
* Trying 13.4.5.78... * connected
* Connected to myserver.com (13.4.5.78) port 443 (#0)
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /root/curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* SSL connection using DES-CBC3-SHA
* Server certificate:
*
----------------------------------
(THE CERTIFICATE )
----------------------------------
* SSL certificate verify result: self signed certificate in certificate chain (19), continuing anyway.
> POST /tri/bee/MMServlet HTTP/1.1
Host: myserver.com
Accept: */*
Expect: 100-continue
< HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

  After this I will get a timeout message
  or the application hangs

  Please note

   If it is less than 1024 it works and the application gets a reply from the server

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
  On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, mini thomas wrote:

> I have an application which posts data to a server in VPN(uses https). (I
> am using curl 7.16.2 libcurl.so.4) If the application posts a small data,
> the reply comes properly. But when it tries to send big Payloads ,it is
> getting time outs.

What is timing out?

> Is there difference between connecting to a server in VPN and to a non VPN
> server (need I set any extra option in curl) ??

No. There's nothing in libcurl that knows about any "VPN" concept, I in fact I
do neither (that would apply to how HTTPS works) ;-).

> Is there any non issue in latest curl lib related to https communication?

Perhaps, but I'm not aware of any. You can always try a recent daily snapshot
to see how the bleeding edge works (and what is about to be released any day
now).