Re: How to compile 64 bit version of libcurl on HP-UX 11.23

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:19:28 +0200

On 6/22/07, Sudipto Podder (GR/EIL) <sudipto.podder_at_ericsson.com> wrote
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile curl on HP-UX in the 64 bit mode. Could anyone tell
> me what special steps/configuration options are required to do this. I could
> not find any specific option for this in the configure --help output.

Unfortunately HP-UX is one of the platforms missing in the autobuilds
(if you get it working maybe you could add to it :-), so no examples
to look at.. but at least for those 64-bit platforms I build for I
don't do anything special in particular (Tru64, x86-64), unless it's a
dual 32/64 system (IRIX, AIX).
For the latter ones I just run ./configure CC='cc -64' (MIPSPro), or
similar+linker environment variable (AIX, I lost my build script due
to a crash so can't be specific). For the rest, the configure script
detects most, if not all, 64-bit issues, like size of size_t and the
like.

-Tor