Re: one connection to get them all ?

From: roger21 <roger21_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:39:14 +0200

roger21_at_free.fr a écrit :
> hello
>
> i don't understand why my program still use several connections to retrieve some
> files
>
> i use one easy handle, i put the easy perform in a loop and i still got several
> connections...
>
> i use a basicaly password protected http connection (set with easy curlopt)
> and on my appache access log i got one connection for each file and on my tomcat
> session's list i got one session for each file
>
> these are my options

[snip]

> and in the loop

[snip]

> i get the files correctly but i'd realy want to reduce the number of connections
>
> thanks for any advice
>
> (i know it's a nweebie issue)

so...

first the access log of apache doesn't lists the http connections but
the requests (which is quite useful btw even if it is not what i was
looking for) and it doesn't seem to say anything about http connections.

second i was not seeing the curl verbose messages and i was realy
wondering why until i realized i was redirecting stderr into a file (for
another debug issue) if i had realized that earlier i would have seen
that i was actually using only one connection

and third i only have to enable cookies with (CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "") to
  use only one session in tomcat

it realy was a newbie issue and i would have liked a little help on it
(at least for point 2 and 3)