Re: ftp testserver hung

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:35:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> now if you look at my autobuild logs you can see that after each run it
> finds the pid files present; so I believe that our test servers currently do
> not remove their pid files when terminating...

Correct, there's a lot of code that doesn't care about removing the pid file
after killing the pid so just relying on the existance of a pid file is not a
good enough check to check for "trailing" servers. I would suggest you try
doing a kill 0 on the pid to check if they still exist.

Oh, and do kill -9 (SIGKILL) to be really sure that you terminate the process.

> in addition I've flagged all *.pl files in ./tests to 755 - although doubt
> this is relevant.

Nah, that shouldn't matter for this.