Permissions on new files and directories

From: James Housley <jim_at_thehousleys.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:27:16 -0400

I know the sftp:// and scp:// protocols have to specify the
permissions on new files and directories it creates on the server.
All the other protocols I think have the permissions controlled by
the servers, with the probable exception of file:// . I would like
to add two new options:

CURLOPT_NEW_FILE_PERMS - the permissions of new files, defaulting to
0644
CURLOPT_NEW_DIRECTORY_PERMS - the permissions of new directories,
defaulting to 0755

Is this reasonable, or is it adding too much control?

Are there other protocols that would need this?

Jim

--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .