Re: How can I make a second header request to the server?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:34:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, JEFF wrote:

>> You can't. At least not on the same connection, you need to do a second
>> connection to do the other stuff with it.
>
> you mean add another easy handle,and use curl_multi_perform() right?

Well, the exact design would be up to you to decide of course.

> The first handle send request for streaming. The second handle send request
> for n seconds later data(fast forward) when needed. But when I send the
> second handle, how can I tell the server that "we are the same session, and
> please transfer n seconds later data to the first handle callback function."

That too is up to you and the protocol/server you're talking to.

I would expect that most streaming services would rather first stop the
current download/stream, and then making a subsequent request to ask for the
stream to start at a different place.

But all this is not about HTTP, nor about libcurl but about what your
application and the server you communicate with support.

> Any other idea or function can solve this problem?

I don't see how it is a libcurl problem.

> Or LIBCURL is most helpful for download but not for streaming?

Download is a stream, there's no difference to libcurl.