Including libcurl in a OS X Cocoa Project

From: Carter R. Harrison <carterharrison_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:39:47 -0400

Greetings,

        I'm trying to build an application on Mac OS X in Cocoa using
XCode. I built libcurl myself, and I've included libcurl.a in my
project. As soon as I did this, my project compiled fine, and I'm
able to call libcurl without problems. I compiled and included
version 7.16 of libcurl, but realized that I had a problem when
trying to use one of the recently added features. This led me to
investigate and when I run curl_version() from within my app, it's
telling me that I'm running version 7.13. This explains why I was
having trouble using the more recent features, but I don't understand
how this is happening.

        My project won't compile if I don't include the libcurl.a that I
built so clearly it's linking against the library I included, but at
the same time, the compiler is failing to resolve a symbol that was
added in version 7.14. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.