Re: Moving a file to archive

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:59:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Charlie Bursell wrote:

> This works fine. But if I try to move to another directory, I get the
> error: 550 rename: Cannot link to a file on another device.
>
> My postquote looks like: "RNFR foo.txt" "RNTO /ARCHIVE/foo.txt.20070628"
>
> If I change the postquote to: RNFR foo.txt" "RNTO foo.txt.20070628"
> As I said above it works fine

I think that's because the server doesn't allow you to do that particular
rename since it would move the file to a different device.

It isn't really possible for us to know exactly why or to what (other)
directories you can move the file since that's limitations in that particular
server, not in libcurl or in the FTP protocol.