Libcurl with-SSL

From: Chris Brown <christopherbrown_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:49:08 +1200

I am trying to use libcurl with OpenSSL.

I have installed OpenSSL in /usr/local/SSL and have run ./configure with the
'--with-ssl' option. Configure, make and make install appear to run without
errors and the resulting libcurl.a library is bigger in size which indicates
to me that the openssl library has been included.

However when I run the makefile for my test application (based on sample.c)
I get numerous 'undefined reference' errors e.g undefined reference to
'SSL_write'.

I'm obviously missing something here but I can't understand what. Can anyone
offer any suggestions?

Thanks