Re: Curl Mailing List

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 22:20:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Alan Wolfe wrote:

> I'm subscribed to a handful of mailing lists and they all put a tag in the
> subject line like [Gimp User] so that it's easy to see from the mail
> listsings what mails are from what mailing lists (and whcih are not from
> mailing lists at all).
>
> If at all possible, I think that would be a great addition to the curl
> mailing list, it really makes things a lot nicer IMO (:

... and I'm subscribed to perhaps a hundred mailing lists and I've always
disliked that awful habit since it destroys the very valuable and restricted
subject space with unnecessary sprinkling of the list name.

This list, like most others, have almost 10 different headers you can use to
identify and filter the list with. If you can't filter on anything but
subjects, then I suggest you change email client or read up on how to use
procmail or similar.