Re: Last sftp commit may break test 613 and 614

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:25:27 -0700

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:26:52PM -0400, James Housley wrote:
> But usernames can be much longer, 8 or 16 are common max sizes.

Yes, but those longer than (typically) 8 are normally truncated in directory
listings. I tried the latest code and I see what the problem is now. The
libcurl's directory list building code is a bit naive about this problem,
and doesn't truncate anything. The result is a listing that's much different
than, for example, GNU ls -l would produce in the same case.

I suggest that libcurl be modified to produce a listing in exactly the
same format as some common ftp directory listing format (GNU ls -l would be
the obvious choice) so that libcurl client applications can use the same
parsing routines for sftp as for ftp.

>>> Dan