Re: Autobuild test error Tru64

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:06:30 +0200

Hi Tor,
> Test 226 fails. This turns out to be caused by:
> binding stream socket: Address already in use
> Failed to start sockfilt! at ./ftpserver.pl line 173.

> Apparently the SO_REUSEADDR in sockfilt.c doesn't work optimally on Tru64:
> If I run either of
> ./runtests.pl 225 226
> or
> ./runtests.pl 225; ./runtests.pl 226
> it fails.
> But this doesn't:
> ./runtests.pl 225; sleep 1; ./runtests.pl 226

> I'm not sure of the best way to fix this. It would be quite ugly to, say,
> add a seconds sleep between each test (and it would slow down running the
> test suite), but maybe a sleep+retry in sockfilt in case of error.. still
> doesn't sound pretty.
if your system also has a usleep then you might be able to narrow down to a much smaller value than 1 second;
if not you can for a test modify runtests.pl and insert just a call to usleep;
at the top is already a commented line:
#use Time::HiRes qw( gettimeofday );
change that to:
use Time::HiRes qw( usleep );

and for testing just insert below a call to usleep ...

I'm not that familar with the test suite, but I guess its also possible to add such a usleep / sleep only for these two tests, or maybe its already sufficient to add a sleep only after 225...

perhaps it works also without sleep if you just swap the tests...?
./runtests.pl 226; ./runtests.pl 225

just some thoughts....

Guen.