Re: An example of using libcurl to load a URL via http in a c++ program?

From: ying lcs <yinglcs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:57:39 -0500

On 7/11/07, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 04:22:28PM -0500, ying lcs wrote:
> > Can you please tell me where I can find an example of using libcurl to
> > load a URL via http in a c++ program?
> >
> > I have looked here, but i can't find what I am looking for.
>
> All the examples in the doc/examples/ directory of the source archive
> should be valid C++ (they're written in the "ANSI C" subset of C++). If you
> want examples using the curlpp binding to libcurl, try looking at the
> curlpp source (see http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/cplusplus/).

Thanks. I have looked at the htmltidy.c as my example since I want to
do a http get:
My question is how can I setup curl to go via http cache server
(squid) when it loads the url using http get?

 CURL *curl;
  char curl_errbuf[CURL_ERROR_SIZE];
  TidyDoc tdoc;
  TidyBuffer docbuf = {0};
  TidyBuffer tidy_errbuf = {0};
  int err;
  if ( argc == 2) {
    curl = curl_easy_init();
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, argv[1]);
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, curl_errbuf);
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_NOPROGRESS, no);
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, yes);
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, write_cb);

    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, &docbuf);
    err=curl_easy_perform(curl);

}