Re: [OFF-TOPIC] need to redeclare a function

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:46:17 +0200

Hi,
> Are you sure you aren't just getting lucky? I don't have the ELF run-time
> binding rules handy, but it's possible that the Netware library is also
> going to be using OpenSSL's RunningProcess instead of its own (assuming
> it uses it internally). Changing your link order might also make your
> test app start to fail.
nope; it used all the time NetWare-own RunningProcess - absolutely sure about this.
Also this call is in a netware-only file, look into OpenSSL 0.9.8e ./crypto/rand/rand_nw.c ...
I have to explicitely tell the linker to import it, otherwise linking fails with missing symbol.
The issue was only that the Novell NDK developers added 'void *RunningProcess' to their headers starting with NDK 2005-06, and since then the OpenSSL port breaks; I did only realize recently because I just updated to latest NDK because I fixed some things with the Novell developers, and wanted to get my changes now - formerly I used NDK 2004-10 for a very long time, and still use it because I've problems with PHP5 on multiprocessor servers when I compile with later NDKs....

Guenter.