Re: strange curl error with ftp transfers /goin' crazy

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:24:12 +0200

Hi Daniel,
final update on this thread:
great news: the Novell developer fixed the issue and sent me a new libc
which works now with cURL in both ring3 and 0.
Here's what he posted in our forums where we also discussed this issue,
and explains what we changed with cURL from 7.15.6 to 7.16.0:

I have found and fixed this problem, it was problem in the user/kernel
boundary code for recv(). This code didn't properly handle the error case of
passing a zero length receive buffer ro recv(). Don't know why curl does a
braindead thing like that but it does. Guen sent me a test that shows this
problem, which was a great help in finding the problem and allowed me to
verify my fix.

Jeff Lawson
NetWare Core OS
LibC Engineering