Re: Porting to OS/400: new patch

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:02:40 -0700

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 11:26:27PM +0200, Patrick Monnerat wrote:
> Here is the patch against current CVS to compile and use libcurl on OS/400.
>
> Most of the OS/400 source stuff is in subdirectory packages/OS400
>
> It currently supports ftp, ftp with SSL, http, https and dict perfectly.
> Additional non-standard support for all single-byte EBCDIC variants too.
>
> Please read packages/OS400/README.OS400 for more info.
>
> 'm waiting for some comments and/or reactions :-)

Some of the new initialized arrays (valchars, setstroffsets) should be
marked as 'const'. And there's a great opportunity for abstraction by
creating a Curl_isalnum macro. You might even be able to rework it
so it could be used in get_char instead of the valchars array, speeding
it up at the same time.

The dynamic option string parts might be able to be simplified by
unconditionally strdup'ing (or the equivalent) all string options on
all platforms, instead of keeping track of what has and hasn't been dup'ed.

I checked in the fread => fread_func et. al. renaming parts of the patch
as that has the potential to improve portability on other platforms, too.

>>> Dan