Re: libcurl install

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:24:22 +0200

Hi,
> I installed the curl 7.16.4 nossl binary for wundows
> xp. I did not download the libcurl.

> When I tried to run a perl script that uses WWW-CURL
> it worked.
WWW-Curl is statically linked, and therefore doesnt need any external libs.

> Does this mean I libcurl was included in curl install
> or do i still need to dowload the zip file for libcurl
> and install.
for the Perl binding I pointed you to as well as my own I announced yesterday you dont need anything else.
I also prefer to link statically whenever possible since users have their problems in putting the depending libs into the right places on Win32 since we have there no standard places, and putting everything into the Windows system32 folder is probably not a good idea.

Guen.