Re: issue with curl_multi_timeout while doing non-blocking HTTP posts in VMS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:09:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Sudarshan Raghunathan wrote:

> So, it looks like I need to do a select for action on my sockets before
> invoking curl_multi_perform again.

Yeps.

> In the context of my VMS process, the select call returns an error (-1). I
> need to figure out the reason for this.

Verify that your sending in legitimate values to select(), as libcurl's
timeout and the fd extraction functions can return values at times that aren't
appreciated by select() passed in as-is.

> On a side note, is there a way for the easy interface - i.e.
> curl_easy_perform to 'not hang' indefinitely on a URL error etc or is the
> multi interface my only option to do a non-blocking post?

The easy interface is blocking, the multi interface is non-blocking. So if you
want non-blocking, you must use the multi interface.