Re: crash of statically linked libcurl on windows

From: Serge Skorokhodov <ucayalyfish_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 01:18:23 +0400

Hi,

> > I need only HTTPS connections and OpenSSL 0.9.8a is used I believe. It seems
> > that the problem affects only in a big legacy Win32 server application that
> > has evolved for several years , was created with VC6, it is compiled with VC
> > 7.1 and still contains some MFC parts and a lot of other stuff. The idea is
> > to switch to cURL for HTTPS.
>
> This is almost always due to different parts/libs being built with different
> "memory models"...

Well, it certainly looks like it. But I've made every possible check
to make sure all the settings are the same both building libcurl and
the app. More over, no problems occur if libcurl.dll is used instead
of static library. The only thing that comes to my mind is that
CWinThread and AfxBeginThread draw some other hidden MFC memory
allocation stuff in. May this be the problem?

TIA

--
The fish that is singing in Ucayaly river...