Re: Endless waiting on POST with zero content length

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:14:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Emil Romanus wrote:

> "Just setting CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS to "" or NULL will *not* stop libcurl from
> doing a POST. It will just make it POST without any data to send!"

I think I'll change the docs to say that you also need to explicitly set the
POSTFIELDSIZE to zero if you want to do a zero-byte POST since we actually
otherwise imply that the read callback is gonna be used, and I think we should
still allow a POST to be done using the read callback even if the size is not
set prior to the transfer.

So, I deem this a bug in the docs. Fixing coming right up!