Re: How to close established by libcurl FTP connections

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 23:16:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Robert Iakobashvili wrote:

> What I see is that neither removing a handle (FTP) from multi-handle nor
> curl_easy_reset() does not close existing FTP connections.
>
> How it could be done using current libcurl C API?

It can't!

In recent libcurls, the particular connections are not even always the
property of a particular easy handle so curl_easy_reset() would not be the
proper function to provide it.

Remove an easy handle from a multi handle would certainly not be right either,
I would say. And there as well, the connection is owned by the multi handle
and not by the individual easy handle after a completed transfer.

So, I guess we simply need to introduce a way to do it!