Re: How to close established by libcurl FTP connections

From: Robert Iakobashvili <coroberti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 07:22:58 +0300

On 8/6/07, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Robert Iakobashvili wrote:
>
> > What I see is that neither removing a handle (FTP) from multi-handle nor
> > curl_easy_reset() does not close existing FTP connections.
> > How it could be done using current libcurl C API?
>
> It can't!
>
> In recent libcurls, the particular connections are not even always the
> property of a particular easy handle so curl_easy_reset() would not be the
> proper function to provide it.
>
> Remove an easy handle from a multi handle would certainly not be right
> either,
> I would say. And there as well, the connection is owned by the multi
> handle
> and not by the individual easy handle after a completed transfer.
>
> So, I guess we simply need to introduce a way to do it!

A guess, that the ball is now on my side, which will require some moons to
pass till
my expected future free time-slots.
:)

What is even worse, that setting the bit of FRESH_CONNECT for a handle
busy with a FTP does open fresh FTP connections (data and control), but
without closing old connections.

Thank you.

--
Sincerely,