Re: curl_multi_perform usage & easy handle "reset"

From: Emil Romanus <sdac.bithack_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:35:53 +0200

2007/8/13, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:

> This made me think on instead providing a single function like:
>
> curl_multi_handle_control()
>
> That can get get told to control the easy handle (while) added to a multi
> handle in various ways

Great idea, I would really like to see this!

- PAUSE?

> - RESUME?

Sounds pretty hard to implement? If the server closes the connection because
there's no activity while we're paused, and we then try to resume, how would
libcurl do this? Continue where it left off by opening a new connection and
requesting a partial file? Fail and let the program decide what to do?

This control function could probably be really useful for those who code GUI
applications and would like to give the user options to control each
specific download. Well... It is possible right now, but not through a
simple interface like this.

Don't throw this idea away. ;-)