RE: Using Digest Authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:42:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Chris Brown wrote:

(Please don't top-post!)

> HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
> WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="devtest", nonce="OC8xMy8yMDA3IDIxOjM3OjAz",
> opaque="0000000000000000", stale=false, algorithm=MD5, qop="auth"
> WWW-Authenticate: Basic Realm="devtest"

[...]

> It seems ok although there may well be something I've missed. Can I assume
> then that libcurl should be returning the correct authorization
> automatically?

Yes. If you tell it to do Digest (and possibly other auth types) and a
user+password, it should catch the WWW-Authenticate header and authenticate
automatically.

Have you tried the curl command line tool with digest on this particular URL?

Can you show us how your code looks like? I don't understand why this doesn't
just work for you.