RE: LDAP

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 04:58:35 +0200

Hi Daniel,
> This said, I'm fine with the old approach brought back for the particular
> platforms that for whatever reasons can't use this new approach.
I will try my best to solve it where it should be solved => Novell headers;
just in case I speak to deaf ears I'll happily take this as last resort....

I've just spend some time with the headers, and it doesnt look that bad;
I believe now that with few simple patches I'm able to use them with BSD sockets;
some more testing is required (SSL f.e.); but I was just able to build a curl binary using the new ldap stuff which did even work with LDAP against eDir;
so I will now first go this way, and see if I can get the Novell developers accept my patches.

thanks, Guen.