RE: LDAP

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:25:12 +0200

> the new LDAP stuff breaks NetWare LDAP support since I cant include
the NetWare ldap headers due to incompatiblities.

That is the kind of things that decided me to keep local prototypes
first. I noticed using ldap includes is a very sensible point...

Just a "brainstorm" idea for future: what about replacing the external
library use by libcurl's own handling of LDAP prototype ? It would avoid
problems like the one above, be compiled on all platforms, and allow
future extensions for ldaps and write access. Main drawbacks are: code
size and time to write it...