RE: Undefined Reference Error while building LIBCURL

From: Mathew Simon <msimon_at_simdol.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:34:56 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I am finally able to locate the problem and get it compiled (or link
edited if you prefer to call it that way!). Thanks to Jeff Pohlmeyer who
hinted that the linker might be missing the ZLIB libraries. I studied
the "comp.c" program and convinced myself that the unresolved names are
being used in the program. If the LIBSSH2 is link-edited properly when
this library is compiled alone, then it means that these symbols are
getting resolved there. That led me to analyze why the ZLIB libraries
are not being used while link-editing LIBCURL. The reason is very
simple.

The comments in the "Makefile.m32" file included with the LIBCURL has
the following documentation

Use: mingw32-make -f Makefile.m32 [SSL=1] [SSH2=1] [DYN=1]

But the script is also expecting ZLIB=1 if it has to include the ZLIB
libraries. So, to help newbies like me, it would be great if you could
update the documentation in the makefile to read as

Use: mingw32-make -f Makefile.m32 [SSL=1] [SSH2=1] [ZLIB=1] [DYN=1]

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

Thanks,
Mathew Simon