RE: Undefined Reference Error while building LIBCURL

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 02:19:39 +0200

Hi Mathew,
> The comments in the "Makefile.m32" file included with the LIBCURL has
> the following documentation

> Use: mingw32-make -f Makefile.m32 [SSL=1] [SSH2=1] [DYN=1]

> But the script is also expecting ZLIB=1 if it has to include the ZLIB
> libraries. So, to help newbies like me, it would be great if you could
> update the documentation in the makefile to read as

> Use: mingw32-make -f Makefile.m32 [SSL=1] [SSH2=1] [ZLIB=1] [DYN=1]
sure, will add that!
But forgive again: only few days someone else came here and correctly spotted that the MingW32 makefiles did all the time un-conditionally build with zlib, and I fixed that...; and forgot to update the comment.

Also another problem is that the libssh2 makefile also un-conditionally compiles with zlib, this has to be fixed either, and then you would not have run into that issue....

all in all there is still lots missing with these makefiles since there are now so many combinations possible, and if we would depend on libssh2.dll then this wouldnt happen either.....

Guenter.