Re: Why curleasy do nothing for SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:34:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Mathew Simon wrote:

> Text: Error in the SSH layer
>
> What is preventing CURL from attempting to take the connection to the next
> level or log-in? How can I go from here?

You run a libssh2 example program (like sftp_nonblock.c) against the server
and verify that it downloads the file fine. If not, start debugging using
that. If it does transfer fine with the example, use a debugger to see what
the difference is between sftp_nonblock's and libcurl's way of using libssh2.