Re: LDAP

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:59:35 +0200

Hi,
>> Guenter, or anyone else on Windows with mingw and msys (to run the
>> configure script), does the current ldap code build with this setup?
ok, the configure.ac patch seems to work, and now the MingW32 autobuilds work again.
But what me still confuses is the CURL_LDAP_HYBRID:
from what I see it was not all the time there, but recently introduced here:
http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/configure.ac.diff?r1=1.245&r2=1.246
and what I dont understand there is the check for wldap32; I think that the win32api is always there for Cygwin, but at least my Cygwin install has also OpenLDAP, so why should one prefer the win32api implementation with CURL_LDAP_HYBRID when you can do a clean build and depend on OpenLDAP?
Shouldnt the check be the other way, and first check if the OpenLDAP lib is present, and only use the win32api as last resort?

I did just a plain configure without any params with a fresh CVS checkout on Cygwin, and winldap stuff seems always used; here is my config.log + the resulting config.h:
http://www.gknw.net/test/curl/cygwin/

then I modified configure.ac to exclude Cygwin from the wldap32 check, and this resulted then in a binary which uses OpenLDAP instead which works fine so far.

Guen.