RE: LDAP

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 02:32:12 +0200

Hi Partick,
> * LDAP local: LDAP Vendor = OpenLDAP ; LDAP Version = 20336

> ... So it seems OK to use openldap with cygwin, although it will be
> probably cleaner to rework the configure.ac file deeper than your simple
> patch.
yup, 100% agreed; was a quick hack for testing only;
but I must admit that I'm not a configure wizzard --- still learning.....

once all is working fine we need anyway a switch for ldaps, and some tests to detect the available LDAP SDK...

unfortunately the C preprocessor seems to stupid to do a string compare, f.e.:
#if (BLA_BLA == "bla_bla")
seems not possible; or is there a cool hack to check for string defines?
guess not, and we need then little C code hacks again in configure...

Guen.