Re: LDAPS support

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 02:55:46 +0200

Hi Tim,

> In another project I did ldaps with openldap and it's not terribly
> complicated (you need to specify the connection as an ldaps://ddd url).
it works meanwhile...
> Disabling ca check is also easily configurable. If there is interest, I
> can provide the code. It's really no big deal and works fine.
sure, I would like to see your code, and compare to what I have now;
please either post here, or directly to me.
current code works for me when used without CA, but fails with CA, however I've only tested with a cert converted from DER to PEM (as I wrote in other post); so maybe the cert wasnt OK for OpenLDAP....

> P.S.: You don't need the ldap_ssl.h header, it's all in the ldap.h header.
It is need for Novell and Mozilla LDAP SDKs, and it is ifdef'd.
OpenLDAP doesnt have ldap_ssl.h.

thanks, Guen.