Re: return codes of curl_easy_getinfo()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:21:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Christian Vogt wrote:

> Well, the user might get an error code from curl_easy_getinfo() when asking
> for information that could not be collected during the last transfer.
> CURLE_GOT_NOTHING may be a candidate for this, or you define a new one.

CURLE_GOT_NOTHING could indeed work for this!

> So at the moment, it is not possible to say "we know the download size and
> it is zero". Most probably, similar things apply to the gathering of other
> information too.

Yeah. But this looks like it could even be a bug in for example the case of a
zero byte file. Especially given the (abandoned?) work on getting libcurl to
better support "transfer" of zero-byte files.

> Because this would be a change of the user interface, I guess it is
> something for the next SO number increment.

Well, we can still start the work and just have a little "CURL_SONAME_BUMP"
#ifdef or similar so that we can make everything work and have it tested etc
by the time we do the actual bump.

Hm, we would even call it CURL_MODIFIED_GETINFO and set that define if
SONAME_BUMP is defined...