Re: Proxy support - Mac and Windows

From: Matthew Veenstra <matts_lists_at_tribalmedia.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:05:26 -0700

        Dan,

Thanks for the feedback. It seems like on Linux we would be good
with the environment variable that is already supported. I will look
into firefox as well as this would be the most consistent path for
support on linux for the general user like we would be targeting.

On Aug 28, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> I implemented the WPAD spec (at least a subset of it) in an embedded
> product once. WPAD can automatically determine whether a proxy
> autoconfig
> file exists for a network, but it doesn't actually specify the format
> of the proxy configuration file.

If we do the javascript .pac parsing we will do the WPAD bit as that
seems pretty straightforward. My feeling today is that in general
use pc's, everyone is using a .pac file and not a .ini or anything
else. Could be wrong of course.

Thanks,
Matt