Re: Implicit SSL connections doesn't works

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:16:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Abel Alonso wrote:

> I've a problem with implicit SSL connections. I've the following code:

[...]

> With that code I get a handshake error ("A problem occurred somewhere in the
> SSL/TLS handshake") I don't think that it is a server problem, because I can
> stablish implicit SSL connections using the Filezilla client. The url I use
> to make the connection is:
>
> ftps://user:pass_at_url:990/
>
> (without putting the port number neither works)

What libcurl version on what platform with what SSL library and version?

What does VERBOSE (or even better the DEBUGFUNCTION) display? How come not
using 990 in the URL doesn't work when it defaults to 990 for ftps:// urls?

> (without putting the port number neither works)

Neither? You mean you try explicit on that same port as well? Implicit and
explicit can't work on the same port number.

Can you try for example the openssl tool and connect to this server? (assuming
you use libcurl built with OpenSSL...)