Re: Implicit SSL connections doesn't works

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:29:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Abel Alonso wrote:

>> In what way doesn't it work? Isn't that kind of approach still the better
>> one to make the FTPS code as generic as possible ?
>
> I attach three cpp files with the code I use to connect to a server using
> ftp over SSL. I describe you the result achieved with each execution.

Right, but must I still think that this *kind* of approach still is to prefer
to your remove-everything-else approach.

Your patch removes the check that prevents it from sending the PROT command,
while my approach is to make sure that we can set an option that makes it
behave exactly the way your patch does.

(I'm not saying the existing code works exactly the way we'd want it.)