Re: curl library freebasic converting from using shell "curl.exe...." to using a library

From: scatterp <scatterp321_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:17:44 +0100 (BST)

Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote: On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 04:34:48AM +0100, scatterp wrote:
> I tryed to use the curl library in the examples folder of freebasic
> how ever i could not get it working

What's freebasic?
  Something between visual basic and qbasic

> how would i make a program to use the curl library instead of
> shell "curl.exe...."

There is lots of documentation in the curl source archive and at
http://curlm.haxx.se/libcurl/, including many example programs.

> could some one show me a side by side example ?

You can use the --libcurl option of curl to have it create you a
side-by-side example.
   this seems to be for c++ if it does work with freebasic not sure how
   maybe some one has experience with freebasic
> also my coding style is a little old so i am accustomed to doing everything
> in one file seems to be multiple files in the freebasic examples folder
> which should i use ? and how ?

Sorry, never heard of freebasic, so I can't comment on what's in its
examples folder. The libcurl example programs are all explained in
comments in the source and in the README file in the examples directory.

there are no READMES how ever the source has comments
however i could not get the source to even download google.com

>>> Dan