Re: Curl, Openssl and Makefile.m32

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:11:46 +0200

Hi Niall,
> I'm completely frustrated about the mingw32 method (not because it's not
> easy but simply because it won't work for me and I truly can't figure out
> why!). I decided to try the MSVC method with the hope that it would be
> kinder to me.
bad hope - the msproject files are not in a better shape than the mingw32 makefiles.

> - And the link errors worry me. Are they due to the fact that some files
> haven't been copied?
no, its simply that we forgot to fix the project files when we changed ldap stuff recently.

> Any suggestions? I didn't even attempt to try the openssl or zlib stuff
> yet.
fixed in CVS; next snapshot should link (I've not tested! Please report back if not!!)

BTW. I think you shouldnt get frustrated - instead you should post your probs here exactly with your error messages.
I've just build 7.17.0 binaries with MingW32, and they work fine - so I'm confident that the makefiles are ok. If it helps you I can also put a libcurl devel package together which saves you the trouble to build the lib self....

Let me know what kind of libcurl (features) you really need, and I can provide that to you.

Guenter.