Re: How can i use curl_formadd or any other function to http post a file without inserting "boundary" tags in html headers?

From: shivpratap <shivpratap_chauhan_at_persistent.co.in>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:51:37 +0530

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 12:32 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, shivpratap wrote:
>
> please don't top-post: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#top-post
>
> > How can i do normal post to send a file?
>
> CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS perhaps? you don't really give us any details so I don't
> see how we can give a specific answer.
>
> Please read the docs and see the examples, I'm sure you'll figure it out. If
> not, please ask specific questions about what details in the docs that you
> don't understand or that we've missed to document about this subject.

   Hi Daniel,

    Thanks for your instant replies.
    I want to post a xml file so i am wondering if i can use
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS becuase it requires data instead of a file name.
    I used curl_formadd that adds boundary tags so curl_formadd is out
of question.
    Later on i used
        curl_easy_setopt(CURLOPT_READDATA,file_ppinter);
   but it failed to post the file andhttp method chaged to GET instead
of POST.
   Please, could you tell us how we can set appropriate option with
curl_easy_setopt to send a file ( by using http post method only).

Thanks,

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.