Re: Weird FTP Connect Error Bug

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:25:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Jofell Gallardo wrote:

>> Can you provide source code for us that repeats the problem on a public
>> URL? Then we can help see if the problem is in your code or if it is a
>> libcurl issue.

[...]

> I think it's basic stuff right? Also... I confirmed that this behavior also
> happens in S3

What's S3?

> that whenever I download 230-234 items, it shows the same error. HTTP-REST
> and FTP are very different implementations but to have similar behavior for
> number of downloads is quite weird. That just rules out that the server
> admins likes my hair-pulling... :P

Also, we do these things with libcurl all the time and nobody else reports
this problem. I would say it hints that the problem is in your code rather
than in libcurl.

> I also mentioned this to the cocoadev mailing list, hoping this could be a
> mac-only problem. Prolly a file handles thingy? Anyway... hope this helps.

Well, can't you use some sort of tool to check for number of open files or
similar? Or even use your strace equivalent to check exactly what system call
that fails.