a question about data transfer lib => app

From: Gusic Aner-AGU001 <aner_at_motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:05:42 +0100

Hi all!

I've been wondering about some workings of the libcurl that I hope
someone here has an answer for.

Docs for curl_multi_perform say:
"If you receive CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM, this basically means that
you should call curl_multi_perform again, before you select() on
more actions." And " Do note that curl_multi_perform(3) will return
CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM only when it wants to be called again
immediately."

These two seem a bit contradicting.

Anyway, how should I do to regulate the data flow (when I
have nowhere to put the data at the moment)? Should I simply
ignore that the return value is CURLM_CALL_MULTI_PERFORM or
should I do "something" so that the lib returns CURLM_OK
instead and first then jump out of the loop that is calling
curl_multi_perform? What is that "something"?

Hope you can make my confusion go away. ;)

Cheers,

--
Aner Gusic