Re: curl fails to connect, when server is up after being down for a long time

From: mini thomas <mini_mol_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 03:26:30 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote: On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, mini thomas wrote:

> When the server goes down for a long time (say 12 hours), and starts
> working after that, curl is not able to connect to the server. (The
> application uses curl library and continuously posts data to the server--
> every 10 seconds).

So what exactly happens when it fails to connect?

  If I enable verbose, the following prints will be there in the log

  "not connected.
  Closing connection #0"

  ( When the connection fails the application will try connecting again)

What libcurl version on what operating system?

libcurl 7.15.5
  OS linux 2.4

> Is it because the URL being accessed by the application is cached
> somewhere?? If so, how to disable caching?

There's a 60 second DNS cache, but I doubt that is the reason here.

> If not, what could be the reason for failure ??.

I have no idea. It sounds like a file descriptor leakage or something equally
strange...

  ---

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.