Re: Using Curl with nss support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:12:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Varun Shrivastava wrote:

(Please don't top-post!)

> Before compiling curl against nss, i used to compile it against openssl.
> so that way i was able to connect to https websites.
> But as i compiled curl against nss using configure options as "--without-ssl
> --with-nss"
> i am not able to connect.

Not *connecting* ? Really? What return code/verbose output do you get? And
btw, you never told what libcurl version on what platform!

> i am not sure whether the verification is disabled or not How can i verify
> that?

Peer verification is enabled by default, disabled with curl -k.

But I just tried to build curl (CVS) with NSS and I couldn't proplerly use
HTTP sites either since I have no suitable ca cert bundle for it. I just
committed a fix that ignores the absent ca cert bundle if we ignore the peer
verification (-k) anyway...