Re: Using Curl with nss support

From: Varun Shrivastava <varun.celunite_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:27:07 +0530

On 10/26/07, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Varun Shrivastava wrote:
>
> (Please don't top-post!)
>
> > Before compiling curl against nss, i used to compile it against openssl.
> > so that way i was able to connect to https websites.
> > But as i compiled curl against nss using configure options as
> "--without-ssl
> > --with-nss"
> > i am not able to connect.
>
> Not *connecting* ? Really? What return code/verbose output do you get? And
> btw, you never told what libcurl version on what platform!
>
> > i am not sure whether the verification is disabled or not How can i
> verify
> > that?
>
> Peer verification is enabled by default, disabled with curl -k.
>
> But I just tried to build curl (CVS) with NSS and I couldn't proplerly use
> HTTP sites either since I have no suitable ca cert bundle for it. I just
> committed a fix that ignores the absent ca cert bundle if we ignore the
> peer
> verification (-k) anyway...
>
> --
> Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: http://haxx.se/curl.html

hi
here's the version info

curl 7.16.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.16.2 NSS/3.11.4 zlib/1.2.3
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: IPv6 Largefile SSL libz

By "connect" i mean to say that the webpage is not being displayed.
I can infer this from the change in url entry in address bar ie . when i
enter mail.google.com
it changes to https://mail.google.com but no webpage being displayed.

Till now i was trying on GUI which i developed but
when i typed on terminal "curl https://mail.google.com" it displays
curl: (77) No NSS cacert database specified.

i think i do not have certificates database. Where can i get the database ?
and how can i link that to my GUI browser.

thanks
varun