Re: Calling convention

From: Matthew Veenstra <matts_lists_at_tribalmedia.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:16:18 -0700

        Hello,

On Nov 2, 2007, at 9:49 AM, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Is this motivated out of the desire to actually fix an existing real
> world use case, or just a theoretical? Because it just seems like
> stirring a hornet's nest for the heck of it. If a user deliberately
> uses a flag that changes default compiler ABI they deserve to have
> everything broken unless they recompile all libraries. It just seems
> like if this was truly necessary we would have needed to do it years
> ago.

I think this boils down to the idea of seeing libcurl as a system
component that exists on the machine and any application can use it.
Or as an applications DLL that is only used for that app. I always
include libcurl in my applications directory even when it is a dll.
And I always build this myself. And I always use MSVC.

I always very rarely rely on 3rd party libraries that I do not have
full control over in my application. I almost exclusively use
included system libraries or include my own dll's.

Some thoughts,
Matt Veenstra
tribalmedia