Re: Error by make install

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:06:12 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, Andres Garcia wrote:

> I noticed another problem when compiling disabling shared libraries.
>
> When compiling the examples during 'make install', it fails with errors
> like:
>
> undefined reference to `_imp__curl_easy_init'
>
> They are solved adding
>
> #include "../../src/config.h"

Well, that's not really a nice way to fix it since then the supposedly
stand-alone examples all of a sudden include things that aren't public libcurl
includes and neither are that provided for the examples.

> before they load the 'curl' include files so that 'CURL_STATICLIB' gets
> defined, but there may be a better solution.

I think we should think of a nicer way to only provide that single define to
the Makefile of the examples (when the lib is built static only).