Re: CURLOPT_TIMEOUT

From: nf2 <nf2_at_scheinwelt.at>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:42:32 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, nf2 wrote:
>
>> curl_easy_setopt_or_die(easy, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT, (long)1);
>> curl_easy_setopt_or_die(easy, CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME, (long)60);
>>
>> doesn't cancel the connection in my case.
>>
>> are the speed checking functions called when there is absolutely no
>> traffic on a socket? because the only function which is called
>> regularly is curl_multi_fdset() in that case.
>
> Eh, no in that situation the speed checks aren't done since you're not
> calling any perform function.

Hmm... I believe optimally libcurl-multi would have a GSource style
design by providing prepare/check/dispatch functions:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html#GSourceFuncs

With this design the application has better means to find out when/if
it's time to call perform().